Skills and Achievements
- Grew the company and network of a rural wireless internet service provider through tower contracts, business procedures, customer support, advertising and more.
- Conducted wine production operations from vineyard to sales by coordinating and conducting all steps in the winemaking process: including but not limited to cellar work; barrel maintenance; laboratory analysis; crush and press operations; vineyard sampling.
- Created efficient analysis processes for a large winery through collaboration within a multilingual laboratory.
- Conducted field and primary research on taste preferences, descriptions and process impacts of different alcoholic beverages for consumers with special emphasis on small lot and craft production.
- Oversaw the design, development, and completion of complex databases that holds data for all alcohol sold in the United States.
- Collected, analyzed, and interpreted 1000s of results from conducting blind tasting experiments.
- Published documents for both the alcohol industry and general audiences.
- Organized, conducted, and executed on company projects and those on behalf of clients.
- Maintained a deep knowledge of the alcohol markets and technology industry of the company.
- Founded a startup company that received $375 thousand dollars in investment for company planning, product design, and operations. Developed high quality business strategies and plans to ensure their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
- Developed reports, metrics, work plans, project resource requirements, budgets, and work performance measures for strategic growth of a telecommunications company which resulted in the increase of the company service area by 50% within 14 months and grew the number of high-speed wireless network customers by 300% over 4 years.
- Performed independent policy review, environmental project assessments, and employee work performance.
- Worked with an interdisciplinary team in all aspects of company development: including project and product planning, budgeting, growth analysis, human resource management, and internal reporting.
- Wrote grant proposals and oppositions with the support of gathered and analyzed data and cooperation of company stakeholders.
- Built and deployed strategic plan projects, including plans of study, work statements, cost estimates, and project schedules.
- In depth experience utilizing excel and MySQL scripts and formulas to extract and evaluate reporting and trend data.
- Collected data patents, trademarks, copyrights and consolidated information in to actionable items, reports and presentations for the management team. Collect data on market industries, consumers, potential competitors and consolidated information into reports and presentations for the product development team.
- Monitored a portfolio of 25 intellectual properties ideas resulting in 12 US and 23 international patents being awarded. Each idea was routed through different stages of the patent creation, application, review, foreign application, maintenance, and repeal process.
Work History | 1998 – Present
DIRECTOR OF COMPANY DEVELOPMENT | CONIFER COMMUNICATIONS | AUGUST 2014 – PRESENT
BUSINESS CONSULTANT | SONJA HARRIS CONSULTING | AUGUST 2014 – PRESENT
Wells Wines | Crystal Basin Cellars | Sierra Bridal & Party Rentals | Searcher Magnet | Avisen Securities | Conifer Communication
START-UP FOUNDER | PARCH’D, INC. | JUNE 2011 – DECEMBER 2014
CELLAR MASTER | DAVID GIRARD VINEYARDS | FEBURARY 2009 – JUNE 2011
RESEARCH/PATENT CONSULTANT | HARRIS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTIES | JANUARY 1998 – JUNE 2011
ENOLOGIST/VITICULTURALIST | AUGUST 2005 – DECEMBER 2008
Portal Cia de Vines, Spain | Giesen Wine Estates, NZ | Bogle Vineyards | Chatom Vineyards
MASTER’S DEGREE | JULY 2010 | CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, SACRAMENTO
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE & BACHELOR OF ARTS | MAY 2004 | UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC ·
- BA Major: History | BS Major: Biological Sciences | Minor: Chemistry
OTHER | MARCH 2006 – AUG 2008 | UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS
- OIV: Office International de la Vigne et du Vine
- Post Baccalaureate Courses in Viticulture; Enology; Laboratory Analysis and Product Quality Control
ESSENTAL ELEMENTS – AG TECH BROADBAND | NOV 8, 2017 | Panel 2: Video